Switch & PlayStation Classic News: SX Core and SX Lite pre-orders commence @ $45.95 with retail deliveries forecasted for late April & Project Eris 0.9.5 for the PSC is out with RA 1.8.5 & more!
With the coronavirus in China becoming a fading problem, Team Xecuter have been able to continue their efforts in getting their hacking solutions for unhackable Switch consoles out to the public and now, pre-orders have just commenced. We’ll also be looking at the release of Project Eris 0.9.5 for the PlayStation Classic in this article.
SX Core and SX Lite Pre-Orders Commence @ $45.95
Ever since October, it’s been known that Team Xecuter’s membere have been up to something in the patched Switch & Switch Lite hacking department with more details being revealed over the months.
Up till now, we learnt a great deal about their hacking solutions including their name, method of installation, the ability to make use of other CFWs and now, we got the price together with the availability of pre-orders.
In a post on their website published earlier today, Team Xecuter announced that they were in a position to open pre-orders starting today presumably due to the coronavirus situation in China cooling down. Other than announcing the start of pre-orders, the post also states that:
- Both SX Core (ipatched & mariko unite) and SX Lite (Switch Lite) will cost $45.95
- They will also come with a free SX OS license but it’s been made clear that other CFWs, such as Atmosphere, will be supported
- Private beta testers, which consist of trusted scene members that know how to solder and are ready to give feedback, will have their mod chip shipped towards the end of next week
- Production will ramp up later this month after the aforementioned testers give their feedback with retail pre-orders expected to be delivered at around late April
Team Xecuter’s post announcing recent developments: https://team-xecuter.com/announcing-preorders-for-sx-core-and-sx-lite/
Project Eris 0.9.5 released with RetroArch 1.8.5, a new Boot Menu and remote Bluetooth management support
On the PlayStation Classic front, ModMyClassic have just released an update to Project Eris which is the spiritual successor to the popular BleemSync modding solution.
According to its change log, Project Eris 0.9.5 packs a good deal of punch with the primary additions being:
- RetroArch 1.8.5 is now bundled which brings improvements over the board together with DPI scaling
- This makes menus scale much more nicely giving a less blocky experience
- A brand new boot menu with localisation support
- inetD, or internet service daemon, has been added for remote Bluetooth management through an upcoming desktop application
- Some fixes to Entertainment Station, the carousel and characters on the WiFi screen
You may find more information about Project Eris 0.9.5 from this link together with instructions on how to update from a Project Eris 0.9.0 installation. ModMyClassic may be supported through Patreon or other means.
In the last two days, some more interesting stuff dropped including DDLC-LOVE 1.1.7 which is a Doki Doki Literature port to the Vita, PS3, PSP, 3DS and Switch. SharpScale for the Vita received a significant update and nx-hbmenu 3.3.0 was released for the Switch.